STAVANGER OFFICE (HQ):
OCEAN INSTALLER AS
+47 51 95 7000
OCEAN INSTALLER Ltd
OCEAN INSTALLER HOUSE
ABERDEEN ENERGY PARK
BRIDGE OF DON
+44 (0)1224 900111
OCEAN INSTALLER TEXAS INC
BANK OF AMERICA CENTER
700 LOUISIANA, SUITE 5300
(08.04.2013) Ocean Installer appoints Michael Newbury as President for its US office, located in Houston, Texas. The Ocean Installer Houston office has been established to cater for projects run out of the US.
- In line with our vision of becoming a key service provider in the global subsea market, opening an US office has been a natural step. Michael Newbury was chosen as President due to his extensive managerial experience and long track record from the US subsea industry, and because of his ambition to develop Ocean Installer to become an established contractor also in the US, says Steinar Riise, CEO of Ocean Installer.
Michael Newbury comes from a position as Vice President for Operations and Business Development with the US based subsea contractor Deep Down, Inc. and has extensive senior experience from the US subsea industry, including Subsea 7 and Halliburton.
The process of opening an Ocean Installer US office was initiated last year and is now completed with the registration of the Ocean Installer legal entity, Ocean Installer Texas Inc., and the appointment of Michael Newbury as President. The Ocean Installer US branch will serve as an office for project development and management and is an important step in Ocean Installer’s global expansion.
Michael Newbury enters his new position in April 2013.
(25.03.13) Ocean Installer has been awarded a major Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation (EPCI) contract for subsea installations and tie-in operations at the Statoil operated fields Gina Krog (former Dagny) and Eirin. The total contract value is approximately USD 85 million (NOK 500 million), including options.
- We are pleased to have been selected to execute this important project. Ocean Installer is looking forward to developing a robust working relationship with Statoil. The type of work to be performed is at the heart of our expertise and reinforces our target to position as an EPCI player in the North Sea subsea market, says Steinar Riise, CEO of Ocean Installer.
The scope of work is part of the field development of the Gina Krog and Eirin fields and includes design, fabrication and subsea installation of Gas Export Pipeline End Manifold (PLEM), the oil export riser base, the tie-in spools and covers, as well as all associated remote tie-in operations. The work scope related to the Eirin field is included as an option due to the later project sanctioning schedule for this development.
The engineering and project management onshore will start up with immediate effect and be executed from Ocean Installer’s Headquarters in Stavanger, Norway. The offshore campaigns will be executed in 2015 and 2016 and Ocean Installer will utilise the construction support vessels (CSVs) Normand Mermaid, Normand Clipper and Normand Vision to undertake the offshore work.
Gina Krog is an oil and gas field located approximately 30 km north of the Sleipner A installation in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea. The gas/condensate field Eirin is located 9 km north-west of Gina Krog. The water depth in the area is approximately 120 meter. The two fields are developed in parallel and start-up of production is foreseen for Q1 2017. The development of the Gina Krog and Eirin fields is one of Statoil’s new large developments.
Statoil is operator of the Gina Krog field (58.7%) and additional license partners are Total E&P Norge (38.0%) and Det Norske (3.3%). At the Eirin field, Statoil is operator (78.2%) and Total E&P Norge license partner (21.8%).
(22.03.13) Talisman Sinopec Energy UK Limited (Talisman Sinopec Energy) has awarded Ocean Installer a contract for umbilical installation at the Arkwright field in the UK sector of the North Sea. This is Ocean Installer’s second contract award this month.
The scope of the work is to install a new 11.5 km umbilical between the Arbroath platform and the Arkwright subsea manifold. This includes pre-lay engineering and route verification, and umbilical installation, including monitoring and testing. Furthermore, all crossing engineering and installation of protection mattresses and burial of the umbilical are included.
Engineering and project management onshore will take place in Ocean Installer’s Aberdeen office and the highly efficient long-term chartered light construction support vessel (LCSV) Normand Mermaid will be utilised for the offshore work.
The contract was awarded following a competitive tendering process.
- We are very pleased to have been awarded our second project this month, which really proves that Ocean Installer has found its place in Aberdeen. We are determined to work closely with Talisman to deliver a safe and successful project, further extending our excellent track record, says Martin Sisley, UK Managing Director of Ocean Installer.
The Arkwright field is a subsea development produced via two production wells that tie into the Arkwright subsea manifold. The manifold is located approximately 10.5 km south east of the Arbroath production platform in Block 22/17 of the UK sector of the North Sea. The Arbroath platform is at a water depth of 92.7 m (304 ft) and is located approximately 210 km east of Aberdeen.
(07.03.13) Shell U.K. Ltd. has awarded Ocean Installer a contract for umbilical installation at the Bittern field in the UK sector of the North Sea.
The scope of the work is to install two new static umbilicals of 20.7 km and 1.8 km. This includes pre-lay engineering, survey and confirmation of all routes and subsea work, monitoring and testing of umbilicals during transportation and installation, umbilical installation, including building of crossings and installation of protection mattresses, burial of umbilicals, and post installation testing.
Whilst engineering and project management onshore will start with immediate effect, the offshore work is to take place in August and September 2013 and Ocean Installer will make use of the highly efficient long-term chartered construction support vessel (CSV) Normand Clipper
- Having completed a number of projects for Shell Norway and Shell Ireland, we are very pleased to have been awarded this first offshore contract with Shell UK and are very much focused on developing our working relationship with the Shell organisation. Adding to our growing client base, this contract confirms that Ocean Installer is capable of providing efficient solutions in line with clients’ needs, says Martin Sisley, UK Managing Director of Ocean Installer.
The Bittern field is located around 200 km east of Aberdeen in the UK sector of the Central North Sea, Blocks 29/1a and 29/1b.
(19.02.13) Ocean Installer responds to increased commercial activity and establishes the position of Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), appointing previous Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Ole Sanne. Jim Dåtland becomes the company’s new CFO.
- In line with our overall growth, Ocean Installer has over the last year experienced a significant increase in commercial activity across the board, from business acquisitions to contracts and procurement. Therefore we have seen the need to strengthen our management resources in this area accordingly, and we are extremely pleased that Mr. Ole Sanne has accepted to take on this new important role as CCO, and that Jim Dåtland will join us as our new CFO, says Steinar Riise, CEO of Ocean Installer.
Ole Sanne has been with Ocean Installer since the company’s inception and has more than 15 years of experience from the subsea sector, of which 12 years in senior managerial positions, including as Finance and Company Director for Subsea 7 Norway.
Jim Dåtland has spent the last seven years with the offshore drilling contractor Seadrill Limited focusing on investor relations and corporate finance activities. Seadrill has grown to become the world`s largest driller by market capitalisation and enterprise value. This growth has been achieved through an aggressive fleet expansion, building the most modern fleet of all offshore drillers. In the period 1998 to 2006, Dåtland held various corporate positions with the offshore drilling contractor Smedvig ASA.
Mr. Sanne and Mr. Dåtland enter their new positions mid-February 2013.
OCEAN INSTALLER is a Norwegian subsea entrepreneur headquartered in Stavanger, Norway and with offices in Aberdeen, Scotland. We provide the full range of subsea services and hold strong EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation) expertise within the SURF (Subsea, Umbilicals, Risers, Flowlines)
Ocean Installer develops its fleet according to the highest requirements in the areas of quality, efficiency and sustainability, offering its clients first-rate, efficient and environmentally progressive vessels and technology.
We are looking for individuals whose qualifications, aspirations, ambitions and working style allow them to contribute to and excel with the progress of our rapidly expanding company.